[N/010/3/0125 ] [3/18] [MQA/FA3076]
Intakes: May & September
- To furnish the students with the fundamental knowledge and analytical skills in Science, and enable them to undertake Bachelor’s degree programmes in the fields of Science and Technology.
- To inculcate good communication, leadership and social skills as well as high ethical attitude.
Duration of Study
This programme has obtained full accreditation from the Malaysian Qualification Agency [MQA/FA3076]
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of this programme, students should be able:
- To gain the mastery of the fundamental knowledge in the essential Pre-University level areas of Mathematics and Science.
- To be armed with the capability of applying the fundamental knowledge gained in solving elementary Pre-University level problems in the areas of Mathematics and Science and to be equipped with basic skills to conduct Science laboratory experiments at Pre-University Levels.
- To think rationally, have sense of humanity, humility and responsibility and respect of of society at large.
- To learn that the quality and nature of coursework submitted must reflect the true level of maturity and demands of the subjects for the programme and to learn that the unethical conduct of plagiarism is prohibited in the academia.
- To learn effective written and verbal communication skills as well as the development of teamwork spirit.
- To be armed with scientific reasoning and critical analysis skills to solve scientific problems across 4 major fields in Science: Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- To be equipped with necessary knowledge to pursue Bachelor’s degree.
- To gain time management skills essential for ensuring tasks are completed in time.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Mathematics I||Mathematics II||Mathematics III|
|Physics I||Physics II||Physics III|
|Chemistry I||Chemistry II||Computing|
|English I||English II|
|Introduction to Critical Thinking||Physics Laboratory|
|Event Management||Chemistry Laboratory|
|* = Elective Courses (subject to elective courses availability)|
- SPM/O-level equivalent: Five (5) Grade C including Mathematics and one Physical Science subject (Physics or Chemistry); or
- UEC: Three (3) Grade B including Mathematics and one Physical Science subject (Physics or Chemistry)
- Full sponsorship to cover the tuition fees for the Foundation Programmes are available for qualified Malaysian students (subject to terms and conditions).