[N/521/6/0084] [MQA /PA 4720]
Mechanical Engineering is concerned with the responsible development of products, processes, and power, whether at the molecular scale or at the scale of large and complex systems. Mechanical engineering principles and skills are needed at some stages during the conception, design, development, and manufacture of every human-made object with moving parts. Many innovations crucial to our futures will have their roots in the world of mass, motion, forces, and energy-the world of mechanical engineers.
The career of a Mechanical Engineer involves efficient application of physical and human resources in improving the standard of living. A Mechanical Engineering program in UCTS is designed in combination of the basic knowledge of physical sciences and engineering education with experience and expertise to invent, run, and maintain mechanical equipment’s and systems in industries. A Mechanical Engineer also designs machine components for the production system of a particular product.
Graduates in this area are capable of fulfilling the task of a technologist in the government, semi-government, and private firms. Graduates will be able to find job opportunities in various sectors such as manufacturing, processing, consultant, servicing, design, and research. A Mechanical Engineer may further his career as a designer, building contractor, manufacturer of machines or engineering products, researcher, or academician.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will be employed in mechanical and relevant engineering field with good level of knowledge and competency skills with appropriate attitude enabling them to have successful career.
- Graduates will acquire abilities for effective communication, collaborative working in diverse teams, and continual development through professional involvement.
- Graduates will pursue lifelong learning in order to contribute to the advancement of the Mechanical Engineering professions and related contemporary issues.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences and mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Ability to identify, formulate and analyse complex engineering problems creatively and innovatively
- Ability to develop and design solutions or processes using integrated & interdisciplinary approaches
- Ability to use the advance techniques, competent skills, appropriate methods and tools to implement engineering development
- Ability to identify and design principles for efficiency, health and safety, and sustainable development
- Ability to conduct professional and ethical responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with the engineering community and with the society at large
- Ability to function effectively both as individuals and in a group in the capacity of a leader or a team member
- Identify basics and opportunities in entrepreneurship related to engineering practices
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data
- Ability to engage in lifelong learning
- Ability to describe the impact of engineering solutions in societal, cultural, global and environmental context
Duration of Study
- Mechanical engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Contracting civil engineer (M&E)
- Automotive and locomotive engineer
- Aerospace and aircraft engineer
- Production engineer/manager
- Quality engineer
- Mining engineer
- Technical sales engineer
- Water engineer
- Patent attorney
- Marine engineer
- Safety engineer and etc
- Oil and Gas
- Agriculture and Plantation
- Ship Building and Repairing
- Energy sectors
- Electrical and Electronic Industry
- Automotive and Locomotive Industry
- Aerospace and Aircraft Industry
- Electrical and Electronic Industry
- Materials Manufacturing Industry
- Food Industry
- Construction Industry
- Research Institute
- Education Institute and etc
The Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons) programme has fullfilled the requirement by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the provisional requirements by the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC), and hence allowing graduates (with work experience) to register as professional engineers under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
Programme Structure and Synopsis
- Pass STPM/A-level with full pass in Mathematics and Physical Science; or
- Pass UEC with five Grade B’s including Mathematics and Physical Science; or
- Pass Matriculation / Pre-U/ Foundation in Science from recognised institutions with minimum CGPA 2.0; or
- Pass Diploma in related field from recognised institutions with minimum CGPA 2.0; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
|Tuition Fees (subject to change)|
|Click here to view the tuition fees.|
Study loans are available from PTPTN. The tuition fees above are only applicable to local / Malaysian students. For more details and information, please contact our Marketing Office at (+6) 084-367300 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.