The Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons) is one of the pioneer programmes being offered by School of Engineering and Technology (SEngTech) in 2013, along with the formation of University College of Technology Sarawak (UCTS).
The Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons) encompasses a wide range of disciplines, covering the fields of engineering such as structures, materials, hydraulics, geotechnical, highway and surveying. It nurtures among the graduates engineering knowledge, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the other technical and soft skills.
The curriculum is in sync with current development of the construction industry and engineering practices, particularly in the aspects of structural design and consultancies, construction technologies, usage of modern tools and technical software and project management approaches. The laboratory works, covering the mentioned fields of engineering, further equip students with practical and investigative skills.
- To produce graduates with strong civil engineering background, capable to fulfill their professional demands in highly competitive global markets with confidence, outstanding ethical and moral values.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To produce engineers with sufficient knowledge and skills in sync with appropriate attitude to succeed in positions in civil engineering practice and in other fields they choose to pursue.
- To produce engineers with abilities for effective communication, collaborative working in diverse teams, and continual development through professional involvement.
- To produce engineers who pursue lifelong learning, stay informed of current civil engineering practices and contemporary issues, and actively involve in research
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
At the end of the programme, graduates should be able:
- To apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences and civil engineering fundamentals
- To identify, formulate and analyse complex engineering problems creatively and innovatively
- To develop and design solutions or processes using integrated & interdisciplinary approaches
- To utilize the advance techniques, competent skills, appropriate methods and tools to implement engineering development
- To identify design principles for efficiency, health & safety, and sustainable development
- To conduct professional and ethical responsibilities
- To communicate effectively with the engineering community and with the society at large
- To function effectively both as individuals and in a group in the capacity of a leader or a team member
- To identify basics and opportunities in entrepreneurship related to engineering practice
- To design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data
- To describe the impact of engineering solution in societal, cultural, global & environmental context
Careers In Civil Engineering
Civil Engineers deal with construction management which include planning, design, construction and maintenance of built environment. They are in constant demand, mainly from the consultant firms, constructors, developers, local council, public work department, drainage and irrigation department, utilities companies, authorities, engineering product manufacturers, research institutions and others. In the context of Sarawak, catalyzed by Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy (SCORE) the demand for Civil Engineers increases further.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons) fulfills the requirements by Malaysian Quality Agency (MQA) and Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC), allowing graduates (with work experience) to register as professional engineers under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
Programme Structure and Synopsis
- Pass STPM/A-level with a full pass in Mathematics and Physical Science; or
- Pass UEC with five Grade B’s including Mathematics and Physical Science; or
- Pass Matriculation / Pre-U/ Foundation in Science from recognised institutions with minimum CGPA 2.0; or
- Pass Diploma in related field from recognised institutions with minimum CGPA 2.0; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by Malaysian Government
|Tuition Fees (subject to change)|
|Click here to view the tuition fees.|
Study loans are available from PTPTN and MARA. The tuition fees above are only applicable to local / Malaysian students. For more details and information, please contact our Marketing Office at (+6) 084-367300 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.