[N526/6/0045] [7/18] [MQA/FA3577]
The Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Hons) is a 3.5-year programme including one semester of practical industrial training. This programme has obtained full accreditation from MQA and the Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM).
The programme is also fully accredited and recognised by the Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS). Click here to view the accreditation.
Quantity surveying is a critical professional practice for the commercial management of construction projects. Essentially, it is the cost and contract management of projects from inception to completion to achieve clients’ satisfaction in terms of value for money.
The programme will provide strong theoretical and practical foundations in the quantity surveying discipline, preparing students for the employability of construction workplace by developing generic and specific competencies. This includes the development of analytical capability, creativity, problem-solving capability and costing techniques that are essential for the long term sustainability of built environment.
- To produce quantity surveying alumni who are capable of discharging their roles competently, professionally and ethically in a competitive global environment. The graduates will be equipped with sound and coherent technical knowledge as well as management skills, within a broad appreciation of cost, time, and quality in construction and sustainable development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare QS graduates with adequate knowledge and skills that underpin the quantity surveying practices
- To produce QS graduates who possess transferable skills which is imperative for pursuing a career in quantity surveying
- To produce QS graduates with positive personal qualities who are capable of engaging lifelong learning and cognizant to the needs of built environment.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
At the end of the programme, students should be able to attain the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding in the principles of construction technology, legal, building economics and management in the context of built environment (Knowledge).
- Demonstrate competency in the application of practical skills in discharging their roles at professional level (Practical Skills).
- Demonstrate the application of entrepreneurship and managerial skills in the process of managing an integrated project from inception to completion (Entrepreneurship and Managerial Skills).
- Possess adaptable social skills and positive attitudes when interacting and collaborating with other participants in teamwork (Social Skills and Responsibilities).
- Capable to communicate ideas professionally and effectively in enhancing teamwork and inter-professional collaboration (Communication, Leadership and Teamwork Skills).
- Demonstrate confidence to undertake scientific inquiry independently utilizing appropriate scientific and thinking skills (Scientific Methods, Critical Thinking & Problem Solving Skills).
- Demonstrate proficiency in information management so as to be capable of undertaking lifelong learning independently (Lifelong Learning and Information Management Skills).
- Demonstrate the ability to be conversant with the professional ethics and social responsibilities towards sustainable development and construction process (Ethics, Professionalism & Humanities).
Programme Structure and Synopsis
- Pass STPM/A-level with full pass in two subjects and SPM/O-level credits in Mathematics and pass in English and Malay Language; or
- Pass UEC with five Grade B’s including Mathematics; or
- Pass Matriculation / Pre-U/ Foundation from recognised institutions with minimum CGPA 2.67; or
- Pass Diploma in related fields from recognised institutions with minimum CGPA 2.0; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by Malaysian Government
|Tuition Fees (subject to change)|
|Click here to view the tuition fees.|
Study loans are available from PTPTN. The tuition fees above are only applicable to local / Malaysian students. For more details and information, please contact our Marketing Office at (+6) 084-367300 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.