The vision of CQA is to fulfil UCTS’s main tagline, “Education at its Best” by working towards attaining highest quality, accredited curricula by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and other Professional Bodies and provide a conducive teaching and learning environment for students and staff.
The mission of CQA is to provide high quality and conducive environment for teaching, learning and promote high students engagement, so as to become the preferred university of choice and achieve Excellent University Status in SETARA.
UCTS CQA principles are based on the followings:
- The process of quality assurance is based on Outcome Based Education which includes Outcome Based Curriculum, Outcome Based Teaching and Learning and Outcome Based Assessment.
- Continuous Quality Improvement ensures enhancement of academic programmes through Curriculum Review, Programme Learning Outcomes Review and Programme Education Outcomes Review.
- Quality Assurance and CQI are conducted through close collaboration with all schools and supporting departments, thus empowering them to choose the most suitable approach and yet maintaining standards to ensure quality in curriculum delivering.
- Quality assurance works closely with MQA, Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Professional Bodies.
- Quality assurance ensured the documentation, monitoring, reviewing and evaluation of enhancement practices in UCTS.
- Quality Assurance practices good governance elements (such as accountable, responsiveness, transparency, integrity, fairness, efficiency, systematic, timeliness and rigorous).
UCTS CQA is formed to provide services through the followings:
- To develop strategies, policies, systems, procedures, guidelines and practices for UCTS academic quality assurance and enhancement
- To promote and implement Teaching and Learning Initiatives in line with UCTS Vision, Missions, Goals and Strategic Thrusts
- To promote the culture of Excellent Teaching and Learning delivery in UCTS
- To formulate, conduct, monitor, evaluate and act upon Curriculum Review, Programme Learning Outcomes Review, Programme Education Review and Teaching Evaluation
- To conduct internal audit to all academic programmes in UCTS and facilitate programme accreditation process
- To organise pedagogy courses or other teaching enhancement programme