Welcome to Centre for International Relations (CIR).
The UCTS CIR is responsible for managing all internationalisation activities of UCTS including the management of international students from recruitment to graduation. The UCTS CIR shall also provide support services to international students during their stay at UCTS.
An international student is defined as a student:
- Citizenship is NOT Malaysian
- NOT a permanent resident in Malaysia
- Who is entering Malaysia on a student visa permit solely and purely for the purpose of pursuing his or her education
The UCTS CIR will also provide a number of dedicated services designed to help international students with the transition to University life and beyond. The UCTS CIR is responsible to ensure that an international student application to study at UCTS is processed by the relevant School and if successful, an offer letter is to be issued by the Academic Registrar Office via the International Office.
The UCTS CIR will function as a one stop centre for all international students applying for entry into UCTS. The support provided also includes student visa arrangement, medical insurance, student welfare, counselling service and also other matters related to international affairs.
The other major function of the UCTS CIR is to assist international students with advice and information with regards to Malaysia’s immigration procedures and Student Visa application to study here. The UCTS CIR also provides further advice and assistance to assist international students to adjust themselves to a new living environment in Sarawak & Sibu in particular.
Other main functions of the UCTS CIR are to perform activities that promote and support the university’s internationalisation policies.
The key responsibilities of the UCTS CIR are summarised as follows:
- To implement and administer the university’s international students recruitment strategies and policies
- To plan, implement and monitor the support services for the international students with high quality standard and satisfaction
- To plan the university’s international marketing and promotional strategies to sustain its image in the international market
- To comply with all the regulations in the extent of the international students operations required by Ministry of Education Malaysia
- To develop strategies on building and maintaining good rapport with all the international students and relevant collaboration counterparts
- To coordinate all the international collaborations and all mobility programs.
Note: If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to drop a note at the following mailing address, phone number, fax number and email address:
Centre for International Relations
University College of Technology Sarawak
No. 1, Jalan Universiti,
96000 Sibu, Sarawak,