[N/481/7/0815] [MQA/PA 12389]
A Master in Computing program is one of the high levels of academic qualifications one can achieve. This qualification will enable you to develop an advanced understanding of your selected focus area in the discipline of computing, placing you at the forefront of your chosen field of research.
Our Master program provides you with opportunities to undertake deep and broad investigation within your chosen computing field and you are encouraged to develop new ideas or employ well thought-out methodologies to produce noteworthy theoretical and practical contributions. You will utilise the best-suited research methodologies to explore and/or test informed ideas.
The outcome of your research may include the frontiers of knowledge and you will disseminate the scholarly findings to peers and practitioners, through academic and professional networks, conferences, seminars and even publications.
UCTS has a dedicated team of academicians and fellow researchers to assist and mentor you along your research journey, as you investigate a topic of your choice.
You may pursue a topic or an issue in which you are currently researching within your work place, in which case your Masters can also be of direct relevance to your current employment. Alternatively, you may choose to conduct research in any particular area that you are passionate about.
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to computing, with a minimum CGPA of 3.00; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to computing, with CGPA below 3.00 but above 2.50, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to computing, with CGPA less than 2.50, with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field may be accepted. OR
- Other Equivalent qualifications recognizes by Malaysia Government.
English language requirements for international applicants
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 500; OR
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the University Senate
Submit a 1,000-1,500 word prospectus (Research Proposal) explaining the proposed research in the chosen field of study
The Master program is purely based on individual supervised research. Candidates will be exposed to Research Methodology Course (3 Credits) to strengthen their research knowledge. At the end of the candidate’s study, a thesis must be submitted and upon successful defence, the candidate will be graduated.
The research specializations for Master in Computing (by Research) are based on the MQA’s program standards. The main research areas are as listed:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
- Data Science
- Cyber Security
Full-time: Minimum 2 , Maximum 4 Years
Part-time: Minimum 3, Maximum 6 Years
Applications open throughout the year.
Intake will be March, June, September and December
Local students: ± RM 14,000.00
International students: ± RM 16,000.00
Associate Professor Dr Tariq Zaman
Tel : (+6) 084-367300 ext: 520
*please add @ucts.edu.my after email name